Michigan Auto Insurance Policies

Helping You Navigate Auto Insurance Roadblocks

After you’ve been involved in a motor vehicle accident, you rely on insurance to help cover your expenses. If you purchase only a no-fault benefits policy, you may receive compensation for your medical bills and other costs but not vehicle repair. This is why it makes sense to buy additional types of auto insurance as well as the mandatory, basic no-fault coverage.

When insurance companies refuse to fulfill their financial obligations to policyholders, you need solid legal representation to get you the financial compensation you deserve. Lipton Law can help you challenge nonresponsive insurance companies. Since 1964, our personal injury attorneys have been securing fair payouts for residents in Southfield and the surrounding area.

Additional Auto Insurance Options

Insurance companies go out of their way to make their policies difficult to understand. You may not know what benefits you have and what coverage you’re entitled to receive until you have an attorney examine these documents. While no-fault auto insurance takes care of a handful of expenses, there are many other expenses that no-fault policies do not even begin to cover.

We’re sharing this insurance information because we want to protect you against unnecessary financial headaches after an accident. These additional auto insurance coverage options can be added to your no-fault policy to increase the compensation you receive after an accident:

  • Residual liability insurance (increased limits)  Extra limited liability coverage provides many combinations of coverage for injuries and property damage.
  • Physical damage insurance (collision and comprehensive)  Collision coverage pays for the repair or replacement of your vehicle if it suffers damage in a collision. Comprehensive coverage provides benefits to individuals after their car has been stolen, collides with an animal or has been damaged by fire, flood, falling objects or vandalism.
  • Limited property damage liability insurance (mini tort)  This type of coverage can help motorists who are found to be 50 percent or more at fault in an accident and sued for damages not covered by collision insurance.
  • Uninsured motorists insurance  This coverage provides compensation for pain and suffering if a person is involved in an accident with a hit-and-run driver or an uninsured motorist.

Getting You the Benefits You Deserve

Don’t be dissuaded if your accident claim is rejected. Our lawyers are eager to assist you with your legal matter. To help ensure that your rights are protected, contact us online or call our lawyers today at 248-557-1688.